Do not let wicked winds and blustery days in northeastern Pennsylvania get you down. Make like an ice fisherman, and get out there, peeps! There’s plenty to see and do in your own back yard and many events are being hosted for charity this time of year. Take a look:
- Winter in the City, Friday, Feb. 22, 5:30 to 8 p.m. Don’t miss your chance to mix and mingle with friends at the Electric City Trolley Museum, Scranton. You’ll enjoy hors d’oeuvres from more than 25 local restaurants, live entertainment by Erin Malloy & Friends, and a silent auction featuring items donated by local retailers. Tickets are $20, and funds raised from this cocktail party benefit Scranton Tomorrow. For tickets or more information, call 963-1575 or www.scrantontomorrow.org.
- Lackawanna County Heart Ball, Saturday, Feb. 23, 6 p.m., at the Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel, Scranton. The American Heart Association will host a fundraising gala in support of its efforts to “build healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke” in Lackawanna County. The evening includes dinner, dancing, a silent and live auction, and other activities. Tickets are $175 per person. For tickets and more information, call 822-9438 or visit www.heart.org/scrantonpaheartball.
- Tunes for Rooms, Sunday, Feb. 24, from 3 p.m. to midnight. Special Spaces NEPA, a non-profit corporation founded for the development and construction of dream bedrooms (special spaces) for local children suffering from life-challenging diseases, will host a fundraiser on Sunday that local music lovers won’t want to miss. On Sunday, a great lineup of bands will perform at Brews Brothers West in Luzerne, starting at 3 p.m. The lineup includes Flux Capacitor, The Stoney Creek, The Subnotics, Woody Brown’s Project, Katie Kelly & The Charming Beards, Rock Soulid, Astorian Stigmata Accoustic and Right Mic Left. There will also be raffles and a silent auction. For more information, visit www.specialspaces.org and look for Tunes for Rooms on Facebook.
- Green Drinks Wilkes-Barre, Wednesday, Feb. 27, 6 to 8 p.m. You may have enjoyed Green Drinks in Scranton, and now Green Drinks is coming to Wilkes-Barre. On Wednesday, Feb. 27, the environmentally conscious social group will gather at Bart and Urby’s, 119 S. Main St., Wilkes-Barre. Guests may expect a fun, informal night of socializing, information, inspiration, and ideas with eco-minded people, environmental professionals, advocates, students and more. Green Drinks Wilkes-Barre will be held on the last Wednesday of every month. To learn more, visit Green Drinks Wilkes-Barre on Facebook and www.greendrinks.org.
- Spin 4 Life, February 23, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sponsored by Sickler’s Bike and Sports Shop, this spinning marathon at Candy’s Place: The Center for Cancer Wellness in Forty Fort, will raise funds in the memory of Brandon J. Case. All proceeds will benefit the free programs at Candy’s Place and the Brandon J. Case Memorial Scholarship. Complimentary refreshments and mini-massages will be available. Please note, early birds: early morning time slots are already sold out, but there are other time slots available. If you’d like to spin for a good cause, tickets are $20 for 45 minutes of cycling, which includes free t-shirt. To make reservations, call 714-8800. For more information, visit www.cancerwellnessnepa.org.
- Save the Date! Rock 107’s 33rd Birthday Bash will be held on Thursday, March 28, at the Woodlands Inn & Resort in Wilkes-Barre. This year’s headlining act is Lita Ford, and special guests include Flaxy Morgan, Mr. Echo, Sterling Koch Band and Jigsaw Johnny. For more information, visit Rock 107’s 33rd Birthday Bash Featuring Lita Ford on Facebook.
That’s the scoop! Thanks for reading and I’ll meet you here again next week.
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org